ICPS for Intermediate Elementary Grades
ICPS for Intermediate Grades includes a total of 77 lessons, each with an easy-to-follow teacher script. Each lesson guides children’s learning of essential ICPS vocabulary, concepts and problem-solving skills. Lessons should be delivered at least 2-3 times per week, beginning with 5-10 minute lessons and building to 10 or 20 minutes over a 3-5 month period.
The following pre-problem-solving and problem-solving skills are emphasized at the intermediate grades program:
Pre-problem solving skills
• Vocabulary word pairs
• Feelings and preferences
• Listening and paying attention
• Sequencing and timing
• Alternative solution thinking
• Consequential thinking
• Means-ends thinking or sequential planning
Note to third grade teachers: For students who are below third grade level, or who have never been exposed to ICPS in earlier grades, the kindergarten primary manual is appropriate. For students at or above third grade level, or who have been exposed to ICPS in earlier grades, the intermediate primary grades manual is appropriate.
The program also addresses:
• ICPS Dialoguing – a unique problem-solving approach that gives teachers and other caregivers an approach to handling problems in real life, an approach that helps children associate how they think with what they do and how they behave.
• ICPS Curriculum Integration Strategies – providing children the opportunity to practice ICPS problem-solving concepts as they work on math, reading, science, social studies and other academic subjects.
Publisher: Research Press
Order the Program