ICPS for Preschool
ICPS for Preschool includes a total of 59 lessons, each with an easy-to-follow teacher script. Lessons should be delivered at least 2-3 times per week, beginning with 5-10 minute lessons and building to 10 or 20 minutes over a 3-5 month period. It is recommended that the preschool program be delivered to students in small groups of ten students or less.
The following pre-problem-solving and problem-solving skills are emphasized at the preschool program:
Pre-problem solving skills
• Vocabulary word pairs
• Feelings and preferences
• Listening and paying attention
• Sequencing and timing
• Alternative solution thinking
• Consequential thinking
The program also addresses:
• ICPS Curriculum Integration Strategies – providing children the opportunity to practice ICPS problem-solving concepts as they work on math, reading, science, social studies and other academic subjects.
• ICPS Parent Pages – providing family members the opportunity to learn to use ICPS skills to improve family interaction and reinforce children’s learning.
• ICPS Dialoging – a unique problem-solving approach that gives teachers and other caregivers an approach to handling problems in real life, an approach that helps children associate how they think with what they do and how they behave.
Publisher: Research Press
Order the Program